- 500 g lamb cut into pieces
- 200 g of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger, grated
- 250 ml of coconut milk
- 1 stalk of curry leaf
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
Heat a pan with a tablespoon of ghee and fry the piece of lamb for 5 minutes, then remove the lamb pieces from the pot and set them aside.
Add the remaining ghee in the pan and fry the onions, the garlic and the ginger for 2 minutes before adding the curry leaves and the ground turmeric and let it cook for one minute.
Add the curry powder to the pan, mix it well then add the lamb pieces, the tomatoes, the salt and half a glass of water. Mix, cover the pot and let it simmer for 40 minutes over medium heat then add the coconut milk and the chopped coriander and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve your Coconut Lamb Curry hot with rice and a fresh cucumber salad.