- 1 chicken carcass
- 250 g of boneless chicken
- 1 bunch of china brede
- 1 small can of bamboo shoots
- 30 g of fresh or dry shiitake
- 100 g of small fresh brown mushroom (shimji)
- 2 carrots
- half a bunch of spring onion
- 150 grams of rice vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- fried egg (one per person)
- salt, pepper and ajinomoto
Begin by preparing the broth : In a large pot sauté the chicken carcass in a little oil, then add 2 liters of water, salt and ajinomoto according to taste and cook a simmer over medium heat for one hour.
If using dry shitake soak them in warm water for 30 minutes. Cut the shitake into 4 pieces and reserve. Separate the small brown mushrooms, wash and reserve. Peel and cut carrots into slices, cut leafy vegetables in large pieces and spring onions in large sections, reserve. Put the meefoon to soak in a bowl of hot water, cover for 30 min.
Cut the chicken into pieces and mix with pepper and 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce then add the cornflour and let stand for 20 minutes. Heat a pan and fry the chicken until cooked and reserve to be use at the end with the fried egg.
When the broth is ready filter it and put it in a pan on medium heat and add the mushrooms, carrot and bamboo shoots. Cook for 20 minutes. Taste and add salt if necessary. Then add the leafy vegetables, spring onions and meefons. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the chicken and cook for one minute and it’s ready.
To serve put the meefoon soup in a bowl with a fried egg on the top of the soup.