- 200 g of split peas (dhall) soaked overnight in a bowl of water
- One tablespoon of chopped coriander
- One teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1 chopped onion
- 100 g of hard cheese (Kraft Cheese, Cheddar, Gruyère, depending on what you have or like)
- 1/2 liter of oil for frying
Cut the cheese into a small cube and set aside. Empty the water of the split peas then put them in a mixing robot and mix until obtaining a rather thin dough but not liquid.
Put this paste in a bowl and add the coriander, onion, chilli, cumin and a little salt before mixing again. Make a ball with some chili pops dough, insert a cube of cheese in the middle and close to cover the cheese. Reserve and do the same with the rest of the dough and cheese.
In a saucepan, heat the oil for frying. Test if the oil is hot enough with a small piece of onion and, if it is good, put the chili pops wit cheese balls one by one and cook until golden brown.