- 500 g of beef cut into pieces
- 200 g of frozen peas
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 tomatoes cut into pieces
- 1 plain yogurt without sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder (or more according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander
- salt and pepper
In a bowl, mix the meat with yogurt and salt then cover and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator. The next day, drain the meat and reserve the marinade.
In a pot, heat a tablespoon of oil and fry the piece of meat for 5 minutes, mixing it so it’s grilled on every sides. Empty all the contents of the pot in a bowl and set aside.
In a mortar, mash together the garlic, ginger and coriander seeds. Heat again the pot with a tablespoon of oil and fry the onions, garlic, ginger and crushed coriander seed, turmeric, cloves, cumin, cinnamon and chili. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, the marinade, a quarter of a glass of water, the meat, pepper, a little salt and peas and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle your Yogurt and Beef Curry with chopped coriander and serve it hot with white rice and a salad.