Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1.5 liters of vegetable or chicken broth
- 150 g of fresh or dry shitake (soak the dry shitakes for 30 minutes in hot water before starting)
- 100 g of soybean sprouts
- 30 ml of rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 30 ml of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1.5 tablespoons of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of red chili paste
- 1 egg
- 2 branches of green onion
- salt and pepper
Slice the shitakes and set aside. Cut the green onions and set aside. Mix the cornflour with 30 ml of broth and set aside. Beat the egg and reserve.
In a large saucepan pour the remaining broth, add the shitakes, rice vinegar, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, powdered ginger and red chili paste. Mix and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add the soybean sprouts and add the cornflour, mix and stir. Cook for 2 minutes for the soup to thicken a little.
Stir the soup in a circle and slowly pour the beaten egg to form a ribbon. At this stage of the recipe you can also add slices of cooked chicken, pork or tofu. Then add a little green onion and pepper. Mix and taste. Add a little salt if needed, if you prefer your soup a little more sour add a little vinegar or if you prefer a little more spicy add more chili.
Serve your hot and sour soup hot as a starter and decorate with the rest of the green onions.