- 2 teaspoons of whole black peppercorns
- 700 g of beef filet cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of red wine
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into squares
- 1 onion, cut into squares
Put the peppercorns in a mortar and use a pestle to crush the pepper into large pieces, it should be very coarse. Reserve half a teaspoon for dressing the plate later.
Put the beef into a bowl and add the rest of the black pepper in with it along with the oyster sauce, red wine, cornstarch, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix thoroughly and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a wok over high heat then add the oil and the beef. Fry one side until browned, and then use a spatula to stir-fry until the outside of the beef is cooked and browned.
Add the garlic, bell peppers, and onions, and continue stir-frying. Add 3 tablespoons of water and stir-fry until the onions are cooked.
Transfer your Black Pepper Beef immediately to a plate, garnish it with the remaining black pepper and serve it with some white rice.