- 500 g chicken cut into pieces
- 3 potatoes cut into large cube
- 3 tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 100 g of peas
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 piece of chopped ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 dry chillies
- 1 bunch parsley (2 tablespoons reserved for the end of cooking)
- salt and pepper
In a large pot over medium heat, heat a tablespoon of oil and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger. Then add the cinnamon, cloves and dry chillies and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the chicken.
After ten minutes sprinkle the chicken with the cumin, add the peas and potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes before adding the tomatoes, parsley, salt, pepper and a glass of water mix well and simmer for 20 minutes covered.
When ready sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving with white rice and a lettuce salad